Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Boom! Tune of the Day: Meat Beat Manifesto "I Got The Fear"

CULTCHA Clash Outer National and Selecta J-Cut present...

Boom! Tune of the Day

Meat Beat Manifesto "I Got The Fear (Titanium Mix)"

Meat Beat Manifesto - I Got The Fear (1987 Sweatbox)

I had previously recorded Boom! Tune of the Day daily on Instagram, so I'll be recycling some of those tunes, as well as digging for new ones... enjoy!

 Meat Beat Manifesto "I Got The Fear (Titanium Mix)" (Original  Boom! Tune of the Day from November 19, 2017)





Today's Boom! Tune of the Day is "I Got The Fear (Titanium Mix)" by Meat Beat Manifesto, from their 1987 Sweatbox 12" single, I Got The Fear.




This is the first tune that I heard from what would become one of my favorite groups and certainly one of the most influential to pique my curiosity into samplers, drum machines and turntables as musical instruments.

This one is a prime example of how the crew combined elements of hip-hop, funk, electro, industrial, and punk. 





No comments:

Post a Comment