Monday, November 2, 2020

Boom! Tune Of The Day: Adam & The Ants "Stand And Deliver"

 

CULTCHA Clash Outer National and Selecta J-Cut present...

Boom! Tune of the Day

Adam & The Ants "Stand And Deliver"

Adam & The Ants - Stand And Deliver (1981 CBS / Epic)


I had previously recorded Boom! Tune of the Day daily on Instagram, so I'll be recycling some of those tunes, as well as digging for new ones... enjoy!

Adam & The Ants "Stand And Deliver" (Original Boom! Tune Of The Day from November 3, 2018)



Today's Boom! Tune of the Day is "Stand And Deliver" by Adam & The Ants, from the 1981 CBS / Epic single, Stand And Deliver.



 

This one is a pop-punk hit by the iconic "new romantic" group who formed during the U.K. punk "explosion" of the late 70s. As a pre-teen, Adam was one of my favorite artists, I saw him live on his solo tours in 1983 and 1984. I grew out of the Ant Music by junior high school, but I was hugely influenced by them at that time and it was through Adam continuously giving praise to the Sex Pistols as his influence that lead me to another of my musical heroes, Johnny Lydon.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment