Friday, October 25, 2019

Boom! Tune of the Day: Butthole Surfers "Creep In The Cellar"

CULTCHA Clash Outer National and Selecta J-Cut present...

Boom! Tune of the Day

Butthole Surfers "Creep In The Cellar"

Butthole Surfers - Rembrandt Pussyhorse (1986 Touch & Go Records)


Welcome to CULTCHA Clash Outer National's Boom! Tune of the Day with Selecta J-Cut!


I had previously recorded Boom! Tune of the Day daily on Instagram, so I'll be recycling some of those tunes, as well as digging for new ones... enjoy!


Butthole Surfers "Creep In The Cellar" (Original Boom! Tune of the Day from October 25, 2017)






Today's tune is "Creep In The Cellar" from the 1986 Touch & Go Records release by Butthole Surfers called Rembrandt Pussyhorse.





I was initially exposed to this track by Kansas City's community radio station, KKFI. I had heard a few tunes from the band, but this is the one that really lured me into them.
I have a terrible memory of missing their show at K.C.'s Uptown Theatre because everyone else who I was with wanted to go see a movie, The Cure - In Orange, in stead! I was 15 years old, didn't drive and was outvoted and probably couldn't afford a concert ticket, so I went along (I was, however, a little infuriated about an hour into the film as I looked down the row and saw most of my friends had been lulled to sleep by Mr. Smith & crew).

Butthole Surfers albums, videos and live performances are often bizarre, twisted, humorous and highly entertaining.  I hope that you enjoy this great tune from a band with a name that you can trust!

Vinyl Encounters of the... Rewind!


No comments:

Post a Comment